Chocolate Sugar Cookies Recipe
Fans of traditional sugar cookies will devour this rich, chocolaty version. It's impossible to eat just one!
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until set. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate with frosting if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2014
"Not too bad. Great taste and if you aren't too spent on perfection it's very consistent."
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2013
"Good taste but not easy to roll out and cut. Dough crumbles so 1 rolling is all it can take. Too much hassle for the result."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC