Fans of traditional sugar cookies will devour this rich, chocolaty version. It's impossible to eat just one!
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until set. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate with frosting if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p71
Reviews for Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review