Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Brownies Recipe
Some of the strawberry jam I put up every year makes its way into these brownies. I like to bake up a batch as a special treat for the learning-disabled students I teach. My husband and three sons enjoy them, too. We farm 200 acres and grow a huge garden. —Teresa Jansen, Advance, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- TRUFFLE FILLING:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs. Stir in chocolate mixture. Dissolve coffee in water; add to chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter.
- 2. Spread evenly in a greased and floured 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, melt chocolate chips and coffee granules; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and jam; mix well. Beat in melted chocolate until well blended. Spread over brownies.
- 5. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Chill at least 1-2 hours. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC