Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Brownies Recipe
Some of the strawberry jam I put up every year makes its way into these brownies. I like to bake up a batch as a special treat for the learning-disabled students I teach. My husband and three sons enjoy them, too. —Teresa Jansen, Advance, Missouri
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- TRUFFLE FILLING:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs. Stir in chocolate mixture. Dissolve coffee in water; add to chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter.
- 2. Spread evenly in a greased and floured 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, melt chocolate chips and coffee granules; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add jam and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Beat in melted chocolate until well blended. Spread over brownies.
- 5. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Chill at least 1 hour. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 214 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Brownies
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2015
"Delicious and decadent!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC