Chocolate Strawberry Torte Recipe
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; set aside. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 5. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of each of the following: whipped topping and strawberry filling. Drizzle with half of the glaze. Repeat layers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 461 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Strawberry Torte
"The cake took several minutes longer to bake until a toothpick came out clean. When I added the second layer to the first the weight of the layer squished out the whipped cream and strawberries underneath. Then when I added the glaze to the top the strawberries started sliding off the top. Tasted good, but didn't look so great..."
"A family favorite. Someone always requests this for a birthday!!"
"The cake recipe is not very good, but the filling, glaze, and presentation get five stars."
"I made this for my daughters birthday..it was a huge hit...chocolate & strawberries are a great mix!"
"A very simple cake recipe. The Filling and Frosting are also simple (on their own), but quite dynamic when all are combined into the "Chocolate Strawberry Torte". When having company during 'The Strawberry Season', this is the 'Wower' you wish to serve! Check out the 'comments' for insight, when thinking about what to serve!"
"Best cake ever!!"
"Very good, but don't drizzle the chocolate until ready to eat."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.