- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in sugar until blended. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In
- another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- chocolate mixture alternately with water, beating well after each
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 28-33 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10
- minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; set aside. For glaze,
- in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir
- in confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla until smooth. Cool
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of each of
- the following: whipped topping and strawberry filling. Drizzle with
- half of the glaze. Repeat layers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 461 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.