Chocolate Strawberry Punch Bowl Trifle Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries, sliced
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Shaved chocolate, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 6-qt. glass punch bowl. Top with half of the sliced strawberries; drizzle with half of the strawberry glaze. Spread with 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting on high for 20-30 seconds or until pourable, stirring often; cool slightly. Drizzle half over the whipped topping. Repeat layers of cake, berries, glaze and whipped topping. If desired, drizzle with remaining frosting and sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Yield: 24-28 servings.
1 serving: 178 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Strawberry Punch Bowl Trifle
"WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I just fixed this trifle over the weekend for my husband's 50th high school reunion and it was gone in no time! Everybody thought it was beautiful and delicious, plus one man even gave me his business card so I could send him a copy of the recipe since he liked it so much!It was so easy to make and as my husband kept saying, "it's too pretty to eat!""
"I substituted the frosting with chocolate pudding and it was awesome! This will be the 2nd year in a row I will be making this for a Christmas Eve party because it was such a hit last year!"
"This is absolutely fabulous. So easy to make. I made the cake the night before and threw everything together the next day. Rave reviews. Definitely a keeper."
"I have made this previously from your Quick Cooking book and it is absolutely fabulous! It is so simple. Everybody can't get enough of it and I'm planning on making it again real soon. I have also enjoyed making other trifle recipes. They look big and complicated but they are actually really easy and very delicious."
"Made it for a party at work. It was awesome."
"Makes for a beautiful dessert, and very simple and tasty. I have never had leftovers :)"
"I've made this once and it was eaten first of all potluck desserts! Love it!"
"This was a wonderful Trifle! However, I used a Sugar-free glaze to cut some calories. You could not tell as this was just as tasty as if I had used the regular strawberry glaze.T. K. from PA"