"I threw this dessert together when I needed something quick to take to my in-laws' house," explains Kristi Judkins of Morrison, Tennessee. "Because it's beautiful, everyone thought I fussed, but it's very easy." And since it makes a bot, it's perfect for potlucks and large get-togethers.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries
- 1 carton (15 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Shaved chocolate
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Set aside five strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 6-qt. glass punch bowl. Top with half of the sliced strawberries; drizzle with half of the strawberry glaze. Spread with 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting on high for 20-30 seconds or until pourable, stirring often; cool slightly. Drizzle half over the whipped topping. Repeat layers of cake, berries, glaze, whipped topping and frosting. Top with remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and reserved strawberries. Yield: 24-28 servings.
Originally published as Punch Bowl Trifle in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p20
Reviews for Chocolate Strawberry Punch Bowl Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review