Chocolate-Strawberry Celebration Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, confectioner's sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in milk until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Pipe or spoon melted chocolate onto waxed paper in decorative designs; let stand until set.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. Heat cream just to a boil; pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake, allowing ganache to drape down the sides. Arrange strawberries on top of cake. Top with chocolate garnishes. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate-Strawberry Celebration Cake
Sort By :
"I made this for my daughter's birthday. It was amazing. I have been baking for 50 years and never expected such deliciousness from a recipe based on a boxed cake. The frosting was decadent. Instead of making the chocolate lace for the top I used chocolate covered strawberries. I am going to try alter this recipe to make a white chocolate cake. For anyone thinking of trying this recipe...DO IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!"
"If I could give this 10 stars I would! My cakes turn out just like the picture and are absolutely wonderful!! Because it is loaded with calories, I save this for very special occasions!"
"Delicious! I used white chocolate flakes as a garnish instead of melting chocolate and making designs. And I used store bought frosting. The cake I followed the recipe exact and it was sooo good!"
"I know it's a strange question, but what do you consider a regular size cake mix? Because I'm from the Netherlands, and I don't know if our cake mix is the same size :) But it looks amazing and I can't wait to bake this cake!"
"I made this for our Christmas Day dessert. It was a hit! I loved making this beautiful cake. The chocolate swirls were so easy and beautiful. Everyone was in awe. Thanks for such a great cake!"