- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, confectioner's sugar and cocoa
- until light and fluffy. Beat in milk until smooth. Spread frosting
- between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Pipe or spoon melted chocolate onto waxed paper in decorative
- designs; let stand until set.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. Heat cream just to a
- boil; pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top
- of cake, allowing ganache to drape down the sides. Arrange
- strawberries on top of cake. Top with chocolate garnishes. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 917 calories, 56 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 103 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now