- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and cocoa in a
- saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour into two
- greased 9-in. round or square baking pans; sprinkle with pecans. Set
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; brush with
- melted butter. Combine the sugar, cocoa and cinnamon; sprinkle over
- rectangles to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to
- seal. Cut each roll into nine slices; place, cut side down, over
- syrup and pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1
- minute before inverting onto serving platters. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 426 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.