I like to decorate these tasty chocolate morsels with a bit of chocolate or vanilla icing. In a pinch, confectioners' sugar works, too! — Kathy Jesson, Sarasota, Florida
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Gold or yellow sugar pearls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, vanilla and water. In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a tree disk, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sugar pearls, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar, butter, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Spritz Trees in Taste of Home October/November 2012, pIPAD
Reviews for Chocolate Spritz Trees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review