You can stir this creation from our CT home economists into your coffee. Marla Brenneman's Maple Hot Chocolate (see recipe finder) or any other kind of steaming concoctionit's such a special treat! The chocolate-covered spoons will taste just as good when you lick them all by themselves, too...and when you get past the rich topping, you'll find a creamy marshmallow surprise inside.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 heavy-duty plastic spoons
- 16 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons white baking chips
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 4 teaspoons
- butter, stirring occasionally. Dip the bowl end of each spoon into
- chocolate; top each with four marshmallows.
- Spoon remaining chocolate over marshmallows. Place on a waxed
- paper-lined plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Melt
- vanilla chips and remaining butter, stirring occasionally. Drizzle
- over chocolate spoons. Use as a stirring spoon with coffee or cocoa.
- Yield: 4 spoons.