Chocolate Spoons Recipe
You can stir this creation from our CT home economists into your coffee. Marla Brenneman's Maple Hot Chocolate (see recipe finder) or any other kind of steaming concoction—it's such a special treat! The chocolate-covered spoons will taste just as good when you lick them all by themselves, too...and when you get past the rich topping, you'll find a creamy marshmallow surprise inside.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 heavy-duty plastic spoons
- 16 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons white baking chips
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 4 teaspoons butter, stirring occasionally. Dip the bowl end of each spoon into chocolate; top each with four marshmallows.
- Spoon remaining chocolate over marshmallows. Place on a waxed paper-lined plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Melt vanilla chips and remaining butter, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over chocolate spoons. Use as a stirring spoon with coffee or cocoa. Yield: 4 spoons.
Originally published as Chocolate Spoons in Country Woman January/February 1999, p14
Reviews for Chocolate Spoons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review