You can stir this creation from our CT home economists into your coffee. Marla Brenneman's Maple Hot Chocolate (see recipe finder) or any other kind of steaming concoction—it's such a special treat! The chocolate-covered spoons will taste just as good when you lick them all by themselves, too...and when you get past the rich topping, you'll find a creamy marshmallow surprise inside.
Featured In: 11 Blondie Recipes That Put Brownies to Shame
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 heavy-duty plastic spoons
- 16 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons white baking chips
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 4 teaspoons butter, stirring occasionally. Dip the bowl end of each spoon into chocolate; top each with four marshmallows.
- Spoon remaining chocolate over marshmallows. Place on a waxed paper-lined plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Melt vanilla chips and remaining butter, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over chocolate spoons. Use as a stirring spoon with coffee or cocoa. Yield: 4 spoons.
Originally published as Chocolate Spoons in Country Woman January/February 1999, p14
Reviews for Chocolate Spoons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review