- microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- chocolate. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon,
- salt, allspice and cloves; add to creamed mixture alternately with
- milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10
- minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to
- a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir 3
- minutes. Remove from heat; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar
- and vanilla.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; pour half of the warm icing
- over the cake. Top with remaining cake layer. Pour remaining icing
- over top of cake. If desired, top with caramel popcorn. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 589 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.