This recipe originally called for applesauce, but one time in a pinch, I substituted sour cream... it worked! Chocolate lovers can't resist these rich cake-like muffins.
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p22
Reviews for Chocolate Sour Cream Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review