- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Sour Cream Muffins
Sort By :
"Ive made muffins many times in my life and this is by far the worst recipe ever. My own dogs wouldnt eat these. Give me your jacket and GTFO OF HELLZ KITCHEN!!!!!!"
"I followed recipe as is and needed more sugar. It lacked flavor."
"This recipe is amazing. I also used dark chocolate powder and I used buttermilk instead of milk. Next time I will use coffee instead of water."
"Substitute the water for Coffee! Brings out the chocolate flavour so much better!"
"Just made these fabulous muffins. I used yogurt instead of sour cream; milk choc chips instead of semi-sweet. They are decadent and so moist!"