- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Sour Cream Muffins
"Ive made muffins many times in my life and this is by far the worst recipe ever. My own dogs wouldnt eat these. Give me your jacket and GTFO OF HELLZ KITCHEN!!!!!!"
"I followed recipe as is and needed more sugar. It lacked flavor."
"This recipe is amazing. I also used dark chocolate powder and I used buttermilk instead of milk. Next time I will use coffee instead of water."
"Substitute the water for Coffee! Brings out the chocolate flavour so much better!"
"Just made these fabulous muffins. I used yogurt instead of sour cream; milk choc chips instead of semi-sweet. They are decadent and so moist!"
"Very good recipe! I used dark chocolate cocoa instead, only because I like dark chocolate. They came out moist like cupcakes -- yum!"
"Muffins were a huge hit! One of my daughters has a lactose intolerance so I substituted lactose free milk and mayonnaise (also lactose free) for the sour cream. They were perfect and quick to satisfy a chocolate craving for two girls. FYI for anyone else out there with lactose issues. We use Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips; lactose free as well."
"I didn't have sour cream so I used applesauce like it said in the description. I also didn't have any chocolate chips. They still turned out great! They make great mini-muffins too... bake for 12-14 minutes."
"These are moist, and the chocolate flavor is not overpowering. I added a mixture of chocolate and peanut butter chips."
"My first attempt at muffins from "scratch". Made with "Special Dark" cocoa. Easy to make and fantastic moist, great tasting muffins. This is a keeper!"