For a delicious dessert, try these easy-to-make souffles at your next dinner party. Everyone will be impressed! Sarah Thompson
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 eggs
- 6 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat six
- 6-oz. souffle dishes with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of
- sugar into each dish, tilting to cover the bottom and sides; set
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk corn syrup, cocoa,
- egg yolks and vanilla until blended; set aside. In a large bowl with
- clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks
- form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar on high until stiff peaks
- form. Gently fold a fourth of the egg white mixture into chocolate
- mixture; fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared dishes. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 250 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium,