- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Snowballs
"Family loved this recipe!"
"I ran the chocolate chips & nuts (used walnuts) through the blender to finely chop before adding them to the dough. Mine were done baking in <12 min. I used 2 c flour & had no problems. Snowball cookies are supposed to be a bit on the dry/powdery side. Excellent recipe! Thanks!bce1965, you can use either, but I prefer semi-sweet to help counter the sweetness of the cookie dough."
"Do you use milk chocolate chips or semi sweet chips. Thank you!"
"These came out great! I saw after the fact that some reviewers decreased the flour, but mine came out just fine with the amount listed. For nuts I used freshly toasted, chopped almonds. I omitted the chocolate chips and instead dipped half the batch in white chocolate, half in dark chocolate. Super yum!"
"Just made these for my son-in-law he likes simple cookies will def make them again The only thing I changes after reading reviews I use about 1 1/2 cups of flour insead of the 2 that's called for"