Chocolate Snowballs Recipe
This is my favorite Christmas cookie recipe. The cookies remind me of the snowballs I'd pack as a child during winters here in Wisconsin. —Dee Derezinski, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- 3. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC