This is my favorite Christmas cookie recipe. The cookies remind me of the snowballs I'd pack as a child during winters here in Wisconsin. —Dee Derezinski, Waukesha, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in nuts and
- chips. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool cookies slightly before rolling in confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 183 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.