- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Snowballs
Sort By :
"These came out great! I saw after the fact that some reviewers decreased the flour, but mine came out just fine with the amount listed. For nuts I used freshly toasted, chopped almonds. I omitted the chocolate chips and instead dipped half the batch in white chocolate, half in dark chocolate. Super yum!"
"Just made these for my son-in-law he likes simple cookies will def make them again The only thing I changes after reading reviews I use about 1 1/2 cups of flour insead of the 2 that's called for"
"Very good, a little on the dry side"
"These have become one of my families favorite Christmas cookie!"
"I'm sorry but whoever said these were dry and tasteless clearly did something wrong. These were awesome!!"