Chocolate Snowball Cookies
These dainty cookies just melt in your mouth. I enjoy making them for get-togethers when there are lots of people around to enjoy them. —Mary Lou Welsh, Hinsdale, Illinois
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa,
- baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until tops are crackled. Remove
- to wire racks to cool completely. Roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 83 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium,