Proud mom Sally Parker of Idalia, Colorado share her son's prize-winning cookies here. "Reed got his recipe from his grandmother, and it's earned him two blue ribbons at the county fair," she beams.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Add flour,
- cocoa, corn syrup, oil, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Shape by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls; roll in sugar.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.