Chocolate Skeleton Cookies Recipe
Put these cute treats out for your next ghost and goblin party and watch them disappear.--Lisa Rupple, Keenesburg, Colorado
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. gingerbread boy cookie cutter. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For icing, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Cut a small hole in the corner of a resealable plastic bag; fill with icing. Pipe skeleton bones on cookies. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Skeleton Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC