Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Silk Pie(50)
Sort By :
I made this pie several times my kids love it . Nice and creamy . I also used cool whip for the whipping cream. Delicious and very easy to make.
Wonderfully easy! Unfortunately, I didn't have unsweeted chocolate bars. So I used semi-sweet instead. Looking forward to trying it again with unsweetened.
Made this for Valentine's Day and it was a huge hit! I may add vanilla if making again.
This pie was nasty! It is not a chocolate silk pie it is a chocolate fudge pie. They should change the name of this recipe to reflect that. I have four kids and none of them liked it. Neither did I. If you are wanting a traditional chocolate silk pie this is not it. The flavor of the semi sweet chocolate is very strong and it over powers the creamy taste from the marshmallow creme. I will definately go back to my original recipe.
I made this as my second pie for Thanksgiving dinner. It received rave reviews from everyone who tried it. Needless to say, it disappeared long before the pumpkin pie did!
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cream Pie >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Silk Pie >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- French Silk Pie >