- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Silk Pie
"This pie was so easy to make and the end result is very decadent and creamy. Great recipe!"
"Oh, my, this pie is to die for! I substituted 1/4 tsp. almond extract for the coffee and put it in an oreo crust. Instead of melting the chocolate mixture on top of the stove, I used the microwave. Thirty seconds. Stir. Thirty seconds. Perfect.I let the chocolate mixture cool too much and couldn't fold in the whipped cream. I ended up using the mixer on low speed and that worked just fine."
"A little too rich for everyone else's taste, but I loved it!"
"Can you do it without the coffee, if so do I sub something else? We don't drink coffee, tea or alcohol."
"This pie is delish!! I make this frequently and get rave reviews. I have changed it up a bit a few times. I have made it with milk chocolate chips, without the coffee (don't recommend), graham cracker crust, chocolate crust, and everyone at my churches favorite way...with caramel and kosher salt on top - along with the whipped cream!! To make the texture a bit lighter, after folding in the whipping cream - I will put it all back in the mixer on a high speed and "fluff" it up a bit!!"
"My husband and I love this pie. I used graham cracker crust and doubled the bittersweet chocolate."
"One of the best chocolate pies I have tried. Nice deep rich dark flavor and smooth texture. Followed to a T except made 1.5 times recipe for larger pie and used a large size graham cracker crust. Will certainly make this again and again and again!!!"
"Outstanding! Super easy! This will be my "go to" chocolate pie!"
"This is the best & easiest Chocolate Silk Pie ever & I have tried some that were award winners at actual pie shoppes! Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe! I followed the recipe to a t & made it for Valentine's & it was to die for!!"
"I think very delicious dessert,tomorrow will prepare the tea."