Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe
This creamy, quick chocolate pie not only melts in your mouth, it also melts any and all resistance to dessert! What an easy way to say "I love you" on Valentine's Day. —Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- 3. For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece equals 602 calories, 45 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC