Everyone who tastes this comments it's a different way to dress up an old-time favorite. You can serve the cookies as appetizers or as a light dessert.
We live in the country on an acreage. I enjoy all types of crafts, especially needlework and sewing. And, ever since I was 12, I've also liked cooking!
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Combine the
- remaining ingredients; gradually beat into the butter. Chill for 1
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes or until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.