This recipe was give to me by one of my students at school. It has become one of my family's favorites and are so easy to make.—Lois Mays, Covington, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; stir in peanut butter.
- Remove from the heat. Add cereal and mix well. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Scotcheroos in Country Woman April/May 2009, p8
Reviews for Chocolate Scotcheroos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review