- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Add the sugar, cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over ice cream or pound cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: About 3-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Chocolate Sauce
"This is the ONLY hot fudge sauce that I put on my ice cream. I make two batches and store one in the freezer."
"This will definitely be the "go-to" recipe for chocolate Sauce. Doesn't get any easier than this"
"It tastes great and is really easy to make! :)"