"I make different toppings so we can enjoy our favorite snack-ice cream sundaes," explains field editor Nancy McDonald of Burns, Wyoming. "This smooth chocolate sauce is always a big hit."
26 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until
- smooth. Add the sugar, cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly. Boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over ice cream or pound cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: About 3-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.