Chocolate Sauce Brownies Recipe
These moist cake-like brownies are loaded with crunchy nuts and topped with sweet frosting. If you don't have leftover chocolate sauce, substitute purchased chocolate syrup in this recipe with equally tasty results. —Vickie Overby, Wahpeton, North Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:60 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups Rich Chocolate Sauce or 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate sauce and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, combine sugar, milk and butter in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips; stir or whisk 5 minutes or until smooth. Spread over brownies. Yield: 5 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC