Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and/or green food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Roll into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla; mix until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Spread on bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Sandwich Cookies(12)
Sort By :
I try to get away from preservatives the best I can because of some alageries in family
Make these every Christmas...everyone loves them!
My absolute favorite cookies! I have made them numerous times and they are always amazing.
I found this cookie recipe a few years back and this is the only cookie my son requests for Christmas. I made a couple of changes after the first initial time making them. I add a few festive sprinkles on top when I bake half the cookies so they are pretty on top and since my son isn't that into cream cheese he prefers a buttercreme icing for the creamy middle.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >