Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and/or green food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Roll into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla; mix until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Spread on bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Sandwich Cookies(14)
Sort By :
Yummy. Everyone loved these and they were so easy to make. My son and I used buttercream and cream cheese frosting from the can to make it easier. We didn't use food coloring but we sprinkled red and green sugar around the edges after putting the sandwiches together. The cookies turned out great.
I try to get away from preservatives the best I can because of some alageries in family
Make these every Christmas...everyone loves them!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >