Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
These are my family's very favorite cookies. They're soft, chewy and totally delicious. —Karen Bourne, Magrath, Alberta
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red and/or green food coloring, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil until blended. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly.
- 2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar to reach desired consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- 4. Spread filling on bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie equals 181 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC