Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
"These are my family's very favorite cookies," declares field editor Karen Bourne of Magrath, Alberta. "They're soft, chewy and totally delicious."
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and/or green food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff).
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten
- slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a slight
- indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla;
- mix until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Spread on
- bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 2 sandwich cookies equals 281 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.