This is great for parties because it is popular with all ages and can be made in advance. People really go wild when this is served as part of a dessert buffet. It’s usually the first to go! —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in half the chopped cookies. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p54
Reviews for Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review