Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
This is great for parties because it is popular with all ages and can be made in advance. People really go wild when this is served as part of a dessert buffet. It’s usually the first to go! —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in half the chopped cookies. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 659 calories, 45 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC