Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in half of the chopped cookies. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 659 calories, 45g fat (24g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cheesecake
"This is really good! I made mine in a rectangular pan too, so I could cut them into bars to take to church, and it took longer than I expected for the center to set. In the long run, it was worth the wait!"
"This was delicious! Super easy too."
"this recipe was a hit with my family! im making it again for dinner with my sister and her husband tomorrow nite. a great recipe!"
"I haven't made this yet but plan to soon. Could you leave the cookies off the top to bake it and add them later?"
"I agree with other reviewers who have had problems with the cooking time on this recipe. After 70 minutes I took it out of the oven because the cookies on top were getting burnt, but the center still wasn't set. It firmed up in the fridge though. It is a good cake but supremely rich."
"This recipe did not turn out as I had hoped. I followed the recipe, but the cake just wouldn't set for me..."
"I would definitely have made the cheesecake again except for the fact that after following the directions word for word, it has taken more almost an hour and a half to cook the thing. I have a fairly new oven, so I know thats not the issue, I definitely think that the setting should be 350 instead of 325. But it was super easy to make."
"awesome recipe! i tried it when i was looking for a really sweet chocolate something and this was it! defiantly a keeper. thx"
"I made this once for a party and one asked "did you get this from Cheesecake Factory?"..I used low fat cream cheese though."
"I had never made cheesecake before so I was under the impression it was extremely difficult. This recipe was easy to follow and came out great. I made it for my daughters 21st birthday. It was a big hit. Very rich, but definitely a keeper!"
"One of the best recipes ever. Big hit everwhere it is taken and request for more."
"I'm going to have to try this recipe. Sounds yummy and great reviews!"
"If you wanted to make the cake lowfat, I would bet that you could probably try it with reduced calorie/fat ingredients. You can try lowfat cookies, and maybe try reduced or fat-free cream cheese (I've tried it before-sometimes good results, sometimes not so much), and egg beaters (using the recommended substitution suggestions on the carton)."
"really smooth texture and delicious flavor"
"It sounds great but can you lighten it up a bit? 45 grams of fat are a bit much."
"This was an awesome cheesecake. Made it for Mothers day and my kids all wanted more. Definatly make this again !!!"
"I made this for a gourmet valentine's dinenr I did at my house. It was a big hit! They all loved it! Sort of like a Chocolate Moose cake but not overly sweet."
"This has been a hit! Everyone I know always requests that I make this cheese cake. A definite staple in my recipe box!"
"I just watched it, but it still took most of the 50 minutes still. Just keep an eye on it!"
"kandabear,did you change the baking time when you baked this in a 9x13 pan, or leave it at the 50-60 mins in the recipe? just curious.. thanks."
"I make this recipe about every other weekend and it's a hit where ever I take it. This is an absolute keeper!"
"I made this for my sons second birthday party. It was a hit!I made it in a 9x13 inch pan and it turned out great! I will deffiently be making it again!"