Chocolate Rum Truffles Recipe
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1. Coarsely chop 12 ounces of chocolate; set aside. In a saucepan, heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around sides of the pan. Remove from the heat; add chopped chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth.
- 2. Cool to room temperature. Stir in butter and extract. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- 3. Grate remaining chocolate; place in a shallow dish. Add nuts; set aside. Shape tablespoonfuls of chilled chocolate mixture into balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (If truffles are soft, refrigerate until easy to handle.) Roll truffles in chocolate-nut mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 54 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Rum Truffles
"My 1st attempt with truffles made with cream and they turned out fabulous! They are melt in your mouth goodness. I tried rolling them in several ingredients, coconut, sprinkles & unsweetened cocoa, but the nut/chocolate coating beat them all out hands down. Thanks DeAnn!"
"This recipe is spot-on wonderful. So many people enjoy the conveniance of truffles made with cream cheese or the like but there is nothing like the silky goodness of a truffle made with heavy cream. Mmm!! Yummy! Thank you for posting!!"