Chocolate Rum Truffles
It's hard to eat just one of these chocolaty silky candies. I like to keep some on hand for a quick sweet treat. —DeAnn Alleva, Hudson, Wisconsin
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Coarsely chop 12 ounces of chocolate; set aside. In a saucepan, heat
- cream over low heat until bubbles form around sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat; add chopped chocolate, stirring until melted
- and smooth.
- Cool to room temperature. Stir in butter and extract. Cover tightly
- and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Grate remaining chocolate; place in a shallow dish. Add nuts; set
- aside. Shape tablespoonfuls of chilled chocolate mixture into balls.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (If truffles are soft,
- refrigerate until easy to handle.) Roll truffles in chocolate-nut
- mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 54 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.