Chocolate Rum-Soaked Cherries
I adore chocolate-covered cherries. Who doesn’t? But there’s something extra special about making them in my own kitchen for my very favorite people! —Catherine M. Schultz, Racine, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + soaking Cook: 5 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries (with stems), drained
- 1/2 cup rum or brandy
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Place cherries in a bowl; cover with rum. Refrigerate, covered,
- overnight. Drain and pat dry.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Holding stems, dip cherries in chocolate mixture; allow excess to
- drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2