Chocolate Rum Balls
These creamy, truffle-like goodies are on my cookie tray every Christmas. If you like, prepare them up to three days ahead of time--just store them in the refrigerator.
45 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Combine warmed rum and coffee granules until dissolved. In a large
- bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum
- mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until
- almost firm, about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cookie crumbs to coat. Store in an
- airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-3/4 dozen.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Rum balls can be made three days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.