Chocolate Rum Balls Recipe
These creamy, truffle-like goodies are on my cookie tray every Christmas. If you like, prepare them up to three days ahead of time--just store them in the refrigerator.
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1. Combine warmed rum and coffee granules until dissolved. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until almost firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cookie crumbs to coat. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-3/4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Rum Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC