Chocolate Rum Balls Recipe
These creamy, truffle-like goodies are on my cookie tray every Christmas. If you like, prepare them up to three days ahead of time--just store them in the refrigerator.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1. Dissolve coffee granules in warm rum. Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 1 hour.
- 2. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed cookies. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator, separating layers with waxed paper. Yield: about 3-3/4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Rum Balls
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"Taste good, also played around with the recipe have made them with nuts,cherries etc just keep trying different things I do as my family is all different, but I will make these again as I like them"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC