These creamy, truffle-like goodies are on my cookie tray every Christmas. If you like, prepare them up to three days ahead of time--just store them in the refrigerator.
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Combine warmed rum and coffee granules until dissolved. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until almost firm, about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cookie crumbs to coat. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-3/4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Rum Balls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p121
Reviews for Chocolate Rum Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"Taste good, also played around with the recipe have made them with nuts,cherries etc just keep trying different things I do as my family is all different, but I will make these again as I like them"