These creamy, truffle-like goodies are on my cookie tray every Christmas. If you like, prepare them up to three days ahead of time--just store them in the refrigerator.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- Dissolve coffee granules in warm rum. Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, separating layers with waxed paper. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Rum Balls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p121
Reviews for Chocolate Rum Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"Taste good, also played around with the recipe have made them with nuts,cherries etc just keep trying different things I do as my family is all different, but I will make these again as I like them"