These creamy, truffle-like goodies are on my cookie tray every Christmas. If you like, prepare them up to three days ahead of time--just store them in the refrigerator.
- 1/4 cup dark rum, warmed
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Combine warmed rum and coffee granules until dissolved. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, almonds and rum mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until almost firm, about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cookie crumbs to coat. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-3/4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Rum Balls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p121
Reviews for Chocolate Rum Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"Taste good, also played around with the recipe have made them with nuts,cherries etc just keep trying different things I do as my family is all different, but I will make these again as I like them"