- sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder; add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each
- addition. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the butter, milk, sugar,
- chocolate, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until
- blended. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Beat with a mixer
- for 15 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Refrigerate until
- frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 614 calories, 39 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.