Chocolate Ribbon Bars Recipe
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in cereal until well coated. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter. Stir in water until blended. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cereal layer. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate layer is set. Spread remaining cereal mixture over the top. Chill before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Ribbon Bars
Sort By :
"Been making these for a number of years now--always a hit when I bring them to work. Hubby loves them too....when he can get his hands on them."
"Everyone loved these! the only problem I had was that the crispies didn't seem to want to stick to the chocolate. May have to press them together harder or move faster so that the chocolate doesn't have time to firm up."
"These are good! My ten-year old and her friends gobbled them up."