Chocolate Ribbon Bars Recipe
No one will be able to eat just one of Gail Wiese's yummy Chocolate Ribbon Bars, full of butterscotch, peanut butter and chocolate flavor. Unlike similar crispy cereal treats, these aren't sticky! "Over the years I've accumulated quite a few recipes from my co-workers, and this one is easy to prepare," writes Gail from her home in Athens, Wisconsin.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in cereal until well coated. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- 2. In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter. Stir in water until blended. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, stirring until smooth.
- 3. Spread over cereal layer. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate layer is set. Spread remaining cereal mixture over the top. Chill before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC