No one will be able to eat just one of Gail Wiese's yummy Chocolate Ribbon Bars, full of butterscotch, peanut butter and chocolate flavor. Unlike similar crispy cereal treats, these aren't sticky! "Over the years I've accumulated quite a few recipes from my co-workers, and this one is easy to prepare," writes Gail from her home in Athens, Wisconsin.
Recommended: Neapolitan Recipes
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in cereal until well coated. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter. Stir in water until blended. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cereal layer. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate layer is set. Spread remaining cereal mixture over the top. Chill before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Ribbon Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p47
Reviews for Chocolate Ribbon Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2014
"Been making these for a number of years now--always a hit when I bring them to work. Hubby loves them too....when he can get his hands on them."
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2008
"These are good! My ten-year old and her friends gobbled them up."