Chocolate Ribbon Banana Loaf Recipe
This bread is a combination of three of my favorite foods: bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter. I try to make other quick breads but this one is always requested. —Sharon Giljum, San Diego, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture just until moistened. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- 2. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in chocolate until well blended. Pour half of the remaining plain batter into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray; top with half of the chocolate batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 272 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC