Chocolate Ribbon Banana Loaf Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture just until moistened. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- 2. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in chocolate until well blended. Pour half of the remaining plain batter into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray; top with half of the chocolate batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 272 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Ribbon Banana Loaf
"The center of this just would not bake through, despite keeping it in the oven about 10 minutes longer than recommended. Also, I think this recipe has lots of sugar, and I question how that makes it a "healthy" option?"
"I made this recipe and shared it at work as well. It didn't last that long. A sure sign that it was a big hit. I did like the taste, but found that I couldn't taste the peanut butter chips all that much. As I have a co-worker with a nut allergy(he was on holiday), next time I might try leaving them out or using butterscotch chips."
"I made this recipe and shared it with co-workers. They loved it and I directed them to the Taste Of Home website."
"This is fabulous. My kids are disappointed if I make my old banana bread now."