Chocolate Ribbon Banana Loaf Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture just until moistened. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- 2. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in chocolate until well blended. Pour half of the remaining plain batter into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray; top with half of the chocolate batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 272 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Ribbon Banana Loaf
"I made this recipe and shared it at work as well. It didn't last that long. A sure sign that it was a big hit. I did like the taste, but found that I couldn't taste the peanut butter chips all that much. As I have a co-worker with a nut allergy(he was on holiday), next time I might try leaving them out or using butterscotch chips."
"I made this recipe and shared it with co-workers. They loved it and I directed them to the Taste Of Home website."
"This is fabulous. My kids are disappointed if I make my old banana bread now."