- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Miniature pretzels
- Red shoestring licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can chocolate frosting (16 ounces)
- M&M's miniature baking bits, cherry sour balls and nonpareil-coated chocolate candies
- In a large saucepan over low heat, cook the brown sugar, butter and water until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets; cover and freeze until firm. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls to a large resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Place dough balls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut two rounded sides from each pretzel. Make a 3/4-in. cut in each licorice piece.
- Working with a few cookies at a time, frost cookie and position pretzels for antlers, M&M's for eyes and a sour ball for the nose. Shape licorice for the mouth; place on cookie. Add nonpareil candies for a collar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Reindeer Cookies
Sort By :
these look so cute and sound yummy will have to try them
My granddaughter and I made these cookies and she personalized family members' cookies with appropriate color eyes! I also made these with my class of two year olds using chocolate cookies at our Christmas party. They were so simple for them--they had so much fun. Thanks for the idea; they will become a holiday tradition.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >