- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda;
- add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after
- each addition.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350°
- for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Cut a 1-in. slice off top of cake; set aside. Hollow out
- the bottom portion of cake, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube the removed
- cake to measure 1 cup; set aside. (Save remaining cake for another
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk, lemon juice,
- extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Fold berries and reserved cake cubes into mixture. Fill tunnel with
- cake cube mixture; replace top.
- Spoon cake cube mixture over top of cake to within 1 in. of edge and
- into center hole of cake. Frost top edge and sides of cake with
- remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with almonds and additional
- raspberries if desired. Chill. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 562 calories, 25 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.