Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
Guests will think you slaved over this impressive-looking dessert shared by Karena Bauman of Minneapolis, Minnesota. "It's a snap to assemble," she assures. "Just layer cubes of leftover chocolate cake, a sweet cream cheese mixture and tart berries for winning results."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- One portion chocolate cake (7-1/2-inch x 5-inch rectangle) from the Delicate Chocolate Cake recipe, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 1- to 1-1/2-qt. trifle bowl or individual dessert bowls, layer
- half of the cake cubes, raspberries, cream cheese mixture and
- almonds. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.