- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- One portion chocolate cake (7-1/2-inch x 5-inch rectangle) from the Delicate Chocolate Cake recipe, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 1- to 1-1/2-qt. trifle bowl or individual dessert bowls, layer half of the cake cubes, raspberries, cream cheese mixture and almonds. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
"The preparation process looks quick and easy. I love trifles and will definitely try in the coming months."
"Cannot wait to try this recipe for my birthday party"
"I like the idea of making the trifles individually. When I make a big trifle, it looks so pretty -- and then I serve it and it's a big mess! However, I don't think guests will think you fussed over this dessert. Anyone who cooks knows that a trifle can be put together in no time with day old cake, berries and cream."