Chocolate Raspberry Torte Recipe
Serve this beautiful cake at a birthday party for a lady friend—then get set to receive sweet responses from everyone who tastes it. It's as swift as it's sweet, too. While it looks like it took hours to prepare, only you need to know that the recipe's actually a time-saver—it starts off with a boxed cake mix! Even the raspberry filling and fluffy chocolate frosting that flavor the confection are easy to make. So go ahead and celebrate. (Pssst...this torte's also a great way to turn an everyday family meal into a special occasion.)—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package devil's food cake mix with pudding (regular size)
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup Raspberry Curd
- Fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
- 1. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. 1-in. baking pan. Line the bottom with waxed paper; grease and flour paper. Mix cake batter according to package directions. Spread evenly into pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; peel off and discard waxed paper. Cool completely.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; set aside 1/2 cup. To remaining cream, add sugar and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 4. With a serrated knife, cut cake lengthwise into three equals pieces. Place one layer on a serving plate. Fold reserved 1/2 cup cream into curd; spread half over first cake layer. To with second cake layer and remaining curd. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with cocoa-cream mixture. Chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC