Chocolate Raspberry Tea Cakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg white, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill each of six paper-lined muffin cups with 1 tablespoon batter. Drop 1 teaspoon of jam into each cup; top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
1 each: 255 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Tea Cakes
"These are so delicious! Everyone loved the surprise raspberry filling inside!"
"My children love these! Of course, 6 is not enough; must double the recipe, at least. Great school-safe (with peanut-free chocolate chips) snack."