Chocolate Raspberry Tea Cakes Recipe
WITH a family of six children, it seems I'm always cooking and on the lookout for variety in menus and special treats to surprise them. This recipe was given to me by a co-worker. The flavor compliment of the raspberry to the chocolate is very pleasing.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg white, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill each of six paper-lined muffin cups with 1 tablespoon batter. Drop 1 teaspoon of jam into each cup; top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Tea Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC