- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg white, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill each of six paper-lined muffin cups with 1 tablespoon batter. Drop 1 teaspoon of jam into each cup; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Raspberry Tea Cakes in Reminisce Extra March 2007, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Tea Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2013
"These are so delicious! Everyone loved the surprise raspberry filling inside!"
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2011
"My children love these! Of course, 6 is not enough; must double the recipe, at least. Great school-safe (with peanut-free chocolate chips) snack."