Chocolate Raspberry Squares
THIS elegant bar cookie is loaded with wonderful flavors and very easy to assemble. A nice extra touch is to sprinkle the bars with confectioner’s sugar.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugars and salt. Cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for
- topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. square
- baking pan. Spread with jam; sprinkle with chocolate chunks.
- Combine walnuts and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and
- bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 368 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.